In order to share my adventures I have to start at the beginning. Now truth be told children were never high on my list of things to do. My day job involved running a fairly successful physical therapy practise. I also loved to write poetry, explore my spirit and express my faith. But seriously I never did understand (and still somewhat don't) the fascination people had with churning out children like cheese.
I would frequently ask women I will affectionately call "baby makers"what was so highly exquisite about having children and the expense and responsibility of having them and I was frequently told - you will find the money and children are just really nice to have . Really? Is that it? Well I certainly wasn't buying what they were selling. Gimme a break. Anyhow I had to my initial horror, the what I would call at the time - misfortune to find myself in May 2011 - Pregnant. Oh the Humanity!! Jesus wept and so did I. My husband was over the moon , but I felt like I had heard I was going to die. In a way, that's how it felt, because I knew - even if the baby makers would have me believe otherwise that this change for me was going to be major.
Now first of all don't let anyone tell you different- I had what some people would call a 'good pregnancy' but pregnancy SUCKS. You feel like another person, in some instances subhuman because the hormones reek havoc on everything , your perception of self, your stomach's ability to process food, all your bodily and mental function go kursponkety . I will give details in another post. But anyway I believe in the universe giving you what you need when you need it but I still wasn't sure what this little ones purpose was in my once very self sufficient life.
In January of 2012 I would find out that on another level forgetting what the baby makers have to say the real reason I believe that a child has come into my life (I cannot speak for others) was because there is a spiritual component having another human person to take care of who is new and fresh, untouched and unedited just himself. I was given the enormous responsibility to guide him through his life while allowing him the freedom to fulfill his purpose in this world.
Now I just want to love him. I want him to experience love so he will grow up with the ability to freely love himself and others. Everything else will flow from there. And now on top of everything else that I do, feel, think and express I am a Mommy too
No comments:
Post a Comment