So here is the deal - I stopped being healthy - took a sabbatical , and have just been running up and down with my son as exercise, which was giving me a false sense of security, but the increasing distaste I was getting for the body I current inhabit was making me miserable. Thankfully the universe saw my intention and I get a super discounted price to start the gym and so I started 2 weeks ago exactly. If I am honest - I HATE cardio I think it is the most mundane sort of pointless type of exercise known to man or at least this woMan - I love pushing weight the bigger the better. So I have started and I am loving it especially since i read this article
http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_250/295_weightlifting-for-fat-loss.html and a series of others that suggest weight lifting far exceeds cardio in burning and losing body fat which is what I want .
Anyway again the universe had a plan because at the same time I planned to start the gym I signed up for a 5 k walk as a challenge.
Let me confess that I hate crowds and racing and all of my friends (all 3 of them including my husband ) are both smaller and fitter than I am. If i am honest I was very afraid to do something like that - what if I collapsed, what if I couldn't make it what if I were dead last ( oh the humiliation ).
The long and short - I walked my fist 5 k yesterday and I plan to keep doing it . I felt happy after , I didn't come last , I walked in it 55:30 ( an hour was my goal). I am sooo very proud of myself and my friends who encouraged me .
To all others who follow me ...My quest for Health continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment