Friday, 18 January 2013

TIME

Dependency can be so seductively comfortable but I chose to be my own self and not rest on  but to stand beside and then I wrote:

TIME 

Time to take a stand 
To hold myself up on my own two feet
To look neither left or right 
But to hold myself
Who am I if made in the frame and mind of the maker 
Who am I if not strong by the hand of the creator
And still I doubt the power within 
I confess my will is thin 
If lazy is my companion then no further shall I get.
When I shake my weary head and ask the question how did lazy end up so comfortably wrapped up in my bed
of life. Its time to make a choice.
Like a one night stand whose face turns sweet to sour with the dawn or a spouse no longer faithful and worthy of my Love I divorce you my un welcomed lover. 
Instead I make bed angels in my bed Alone for only within me is the answer to the questions I only dreamt of once when I was whole and not sharing my life with the one who stole
My will
Sapped it dry from my loin and my lips but no more I say no more.
It is my time -  
Time to take a stand 
To hold myself up on my own two feet
To look neither left or right 
But to hold myself. 
Go forward, Do something,Speak my mind,Be.

Copyright ©2013 Norell-Lee Ramsay.

No comments:

Post a Comment